Daith Earrings Guide: Everything You Need To Know
There has never been a more diverse set of earrings than what is available right now in the market. Whether you’re looking for your first daith earrings, want to add new touches of style to your existing jewellery collection, or need advice on when it’s best to purchase! This article offers great insight and recommendations on some of the best and latest styles available in the market.
Read Also: Conch Earrings
Brief History of Daith Earrings
Daith earrings are a type of jewellery that is generally made from two types of metals – brass and silver. The daith (pronounced “dath”) is the Celtic cross formation found on many Celtic artifacts, including daith earrings. Legend has it that the cross was formed when Saint Brigid used a golden towel to ward off an attacking dragon. The term “daith” is also used to describe the fringe on a shawl or cloak.
Brass is typically used for the lower daith, while silver is used for the upper daith. The edges of the earrings are often sharp, making them both stylish and durable. The history of daith earrings dates back to ancient Ireland, where they were considered to be powerful talismans. Today, they are popular among feminists and Pagans because they are symbolically feminine and masculine, respectively.
Popular Brands for Daith Earrings
There is a myriad of brands selling daith earrings, but popular ones include Isabel Marant, Sue Carter and H&M. The most important consideration when purchasing these earrings is to find quality gems. Avoid cheap or low-quality earrings that may not last long. Additionally, before putting on your daith earrings, make sure they’re the right size for your ears by measuring them with a ruler or string. Once everything is measured and fitted, it’s time to choose a colour!
Earring colours run the gamut and can be paired with any outfit. Popular choices include silver, gold, black, dark green and light green. Some people also like to mix different colours together to achieve their desired look. To create the perfect pair of earrings, experiment with different shapes and sizes until you find the pair of daiths that compliment your features and style best.
Proper Care for Daith Earrings
If you’ve ever taken care of any type of beautiful jewellery, you know that it is important to give your daith earrings the same level of love and attention. Daith earrings (or daith necklaces) are an essential part of any Scottish-style outfit, so it’s important to pay special attention to their upkeep. Here are some tips on taking good care of your daith earrings:
- Always keep them clean. Even if you only wear them occasionally, make sure to clean them every time you take them off. Use a mild soap and water solution and let them air dry.
- Avoid wearing them in the shower or pool. Saltwater can corrode metal and damage stones.
- Avoid storing them in places where they are exposed to high levels of humidity or temperature change. This includes anywhere near a fire or a refrigerator.
How to Choose a Daith Earring that is a Good Fit
When it comes to finding the perfect daith earrings for your hearing outfit, you have a few different factors to consider.
First and foremost, your earrings should be comfortable to wear. This means that they should not pinch or fall out of your ears constantly. Second, make sure the earrings are the right size for your ears. Oftentimes, people get Hoop Earrings that are too large or small for their ears, causing inconvenience and frustration. Finally, look for earrings that have a daith design. This will give added style and protection to your hearing device.
Here are a few tips on how to choose daith earrings that fit these criteria:
- Begin by assessing how often you plan on wearing your earrings. Are you likely to only wear them for special occasions or is everyday wear more likely? If Everyday Wear is more likely, then go with hoops that are less formal in appearances such as statement daith hoops or colourful balls instead of traditionally shaped hoops.
- Once you’ve determined how often you’ll be wearing your earrings, assess how big of an auditory zone you fall within based on your hearing level in decibels (dB).
Men’s and Women’s Jewelry Options
When you are shopping for daith earrings, be sure to take into account your gender. For men, they can be more intricate and delicate in design. For women, daith earrings can be more simple and cleaner in style. Here are the basic considerations for men’s and women’s daith earrings:
Men’s Earring Considerations:
- Metal type (Gold, Silver, or Copper): Gold or silver are traditionally used for men’s earrings as they are both heavier and tend to last longer. Copper is also becoming more popular due to its affordability and eco-friendly properties.
- Diameter of the Daith Screw (or Posts): Men usually prefer larger post sizes as they look stylish and make wearing daith earrings easier. If you are looking for smaller posts, consider going with copper earrings as it is less expensive.
- Design complexity: The more intricate the design, the more costly it will be. However, there is no one “correct” way to wear a daith earring; you can go with something simple or complex depending on your preferences.
Women’s Earring Considerations:
- Metal type: Gold is still the common type of metal for daith earrings. However, as gold has become more and more saturated, other materials are starting to become popular. Silver, stainless steel (oxidation- and corrosion-resistant) and copper all make great choices as they suit many styles and prices.
- Design complexity: There is a difference between women’s earring designs that are ideal for dressy occasions or trendy with a little edge versus the less-formal wear of daith earrings.
- Findings: Women who plan to wear them usually pick metal or alloy with an organic feel such as Sterling Silver even if they are wearing a diamond setting.